Gemalto and Jasper Partner to Simplify the Global Deployment of IoT Devices
/ 23 Feb 2016 17:37
"Our customers can dramatically increase opportunities and growth across IoT verticals such as mHealth, automotive, and consumer electronics that rely on seamless cross border connectivity," said Benoit Jouffrey, VP of On-Demand Connectivity at Gemalto. "The integration of the two technologies, currently under deployment with lead customers, expedites go-to-market timelines and optimizes IoT investments."
Gemalto's On-Demand Subscription Manager (OSM) and the Jasper IoT service platform enable the management of Global eSIMs, providing network operators & enterprises with the following advantages:
- Single SIM for Manufacturing & Distribution – Enterprises benefit from a single SIM for both manufacturing and distribution across all geographies, eliminating the need for physical substitution – regardless of the device's destination country.
- Worldwide Operator Alliance Framework – With the Jasper platform, a Global eSIM can be configured as local on operator networks worldwide, providing enterprises with a single service level agreement (SLA) and point of contact for service and support across multiple operators
- Single Global Operations Interface – TheJasper Control Center provides a common view of all devices worldwide – across multiple mobile operators – including network status and diagnostics.
- Automated Lifecycle Management – Devices' mobile subscriptions are automatically updated over the air (OTA) throughout the lifecycle.
- Local Service & Usage Plans – The integrated solution will provide local regulatory compliance worldwide, while localized rate plans provide the ability to control and predict costs globally.
Jasper is a global Internet of Things (IoT) platform leader. Jasper has designed its industry-leading, cloud-based IoT platform to enable companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, manage and monetize IoT services on a global scale. When companies do this, they become much more than product businesses. They become service businesses, capable of automatically managing their customers' entire IoT service lifecycle, delivering increased customer value and unlocking new sources of revenue. More than 2,700 companies in over 20 industries, including many of the world's top brands, choose Jasper to fast-track their IoT services. Jasper currently partners with 27 mobile operator groups, representing more than 100 mobile operator networks worldwide.
Founded in 2004, Jasper is based in Santa Clara, California. For more information, visit www.jasper.com or follow us on Twitter @Jasper_IoT. To learn more about enterprises building IoT services that demonstrate what's possible when the digital and physical worlds converge, check out their stories at www.TitansofIoT.com.